Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prevent the kick

3 posters

Go down

Prevent the kick Empty Prevent the kick

Post  Celoeys Wed May 27, 2009 2:08 pm

Ok, so the little bit I am soley in charge of is kicking people who havent been on for a while. With this i like to boast the best recruit numbers too Razz But anyway. Just to make on thing clear on how the kick works...if you aint on for a month you will most likely be a gonner! To prevent this (ie if youre on holiday etc) please leave a message saying that you will be away.

bounce
Celoeys
Celoeys

Back to top Go down

Prevent the kick Empty Re: Prevent the kick

Post  Laassaalos Wed May 27, 2009 6:07 pm

Yes else big bad Celoey is gana kick you Razz Razz rofl
Laassaalos
Laassaalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Tungan Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:41 am

Just curious as to why you kick inactive people so quickly. There was some talk on forums a while ago that inactives slowed down guild leveling but that was found to be completely untrue, both by testing and from posts from Mythic developers, so there is no game affecting reason to do it.

Is it that you (i.e. the officers) just don't like having a bunch of people guilded who aren't around? Or was the policy made when people thought it did affect guild progress?

Tungan

Tungan

Back to top Go down

Post  Laassaalos Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:03 am

The whole thing has got nothing to do with guild rank leveling. It’s to do with deserving a spot in the guild. The benefit to all guild members goes without rank (ie if you a seeker you can still get the anni gear out of the gv by asking me). So no matter what you get benefits.

We don't want people who come one once every 2 months to benefit from this, and take stuff away from theses that are on and contributing. Why should an inactive player get gear over an active one? So rather than getting into this complication we just kick inactive players.

Another reason includes those guild stats. This makes the recruiting easier, we can actually see what we need in the guild just by looking at those stats, without having to look at who has been on and what not.

Lastly it acts as a filter. The more kicking the fuller our guild gets with active players so long as we keep recruiting , if you look in the alliance we normally have one of the highest online numbers at any time of the day. This is due to us weeding out players that are inactive and encouraging those that are active. I must say that this is clearly visible if you look at the numbers in T4 of active player. It has increased so much over the last month

This does not mean we just kick. Members that were very prominent in the guild normally get some grace, and those that are away and have given us a reason will stay on. There is a member called occi he is a dok and has not been on for awhile, but I got his msn contact and can chat to him if I need to. So he won’t get kicked.

Hope that explains it Smile
Laassaalos
Laassaalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Celoeys Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:57 am

Pretty much what he said. Tungan, a guy like you who has been in the guild for a while and is active, contributes etc will get a few weeks grace. But like I said if you know you are going to be away, just send a message to let us know youre gone and we wont kick you Smile
Celoeys
Celoeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Tungan Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:48 am

Thanks for the quick replies Smile

I pretty much agree with the reasoning you use although I'd hope that people were reasonable enough to not take items if they weren't going to be around use them. I my case last month I was offered 2 conc bags by my old guild but turned them down, but thanked them for the offer, as I'm not active on that server at the moment.

I think you might lose some people who decide to restart War again though if they log back in and find they are no longer guilded? Then again if they were in good standing before I suppose it wouldn't be impossible for them to be reinvited?

Tungan

Tungan

Back to top Go down

Post  Celoeys Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:14 am

yeh, we got no problem with reinviting:)
Celoeys
Celoeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum