Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep Claiming

3 posters

Go down

Keep Claiming Empty Keep Claiming

Post  Morinfen Wed May 27, 2009 2:08 am

I noticed that my new guild rank is eligible for keep claims (dunno if that should be so, that's why I'm asking).

Yesterday, when we were attacking a keep, Stuzy said how that was his 5th keep that he didn't get to claim that day.
I was quite close to the place, so maybe I could have done that too...but I didn't know how to do it, or should I do it. Very Happy

So, to settle this:

1) Should I be eligible to claim keeps at all (maybe better leave it to pro-s, I'm a noob really - haven't played for a long time, and haven't played much RvR before Razz)

2) If I should be doing it, I need to know how and when it should be done

P.S. What do guilds use claimed keeps for? Really, I know nothing about that matter. Wink
Morinfen
Morinfen
Admin

https://servantsofslaanesh.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Keep Claiming Empty Re: Keep Claiming

Post  Stuzy Wed May 27, 2009 2:26 am

You get free gold bag from keep when that area locks. Claiming keeps are kinda competition also. First one deploy the flag wins. You have to upgrade keep some after claiming the keep. If there is noone to upgrade , it could be pointless to claim at all.
I try to claim the keeps if there is destro zerg running around and trying to lock the areas as fast as possible Smile

To claim the keep, you should have a guild standart with you and able to carry it aswell. Once the keep lord is down, you gotta run up and take your standart and place it when the keep resets. But as i said so , many will try to claim it and if you couldnt , then you lose your flag. ( lost 5 flags yesterday as you saw Sad )

Stuzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Celoeys Wed May 27, 2009 2:30 am

Ok, well keep claiming is important for 2 reason.
1) it increase the guilds exp faster (somehow not sure on the detail, just know it does)
2) if a guild claims a keep and the zone is locked, that guild leader recieves a gold loot bag which he can give to anyone. The bag contains anni gear Smile

How to claim keeps.
1) you must be a guild SB, ask an officer to make you one, so that you can claim a keep. SBs are always being changed based on who is online.
2) equip your banner and use it.
3) with the banner in your hand go to the top of a keep and where there are banners there should be a place to put it. (you will be able to interact with the base of one of the banners on the keep)

Then the keep is claimed. You can buy upgrades for the keep too. If you are not sure what upgrades to get then ask in guild chat.

A few more point on keep claiming.
1) if you can claim keeps do so, we really want those gold bags.
2) make sure that you claim keeps in contested areas
3) once an area is locked make sure you take down the banner (unclaim) as we dont want to be paying for random keep claims.
4) finally you arent SB officers will more than likely make you an SB for the day (reason: point 1)

Thats about it.
Razz
Celoeys
Celoeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Morinfen Wed May 27, 2009 2:40 am

Thanks for fast replies. Very Happy
I'm in a hurry right now, but mayble I'll ask few more things when I come back (although your answers were thoroughfull Wink ).

Cheers!
Morinfen
Morinfen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Morinfen Wed May 27, 2009 4:41 am

Ok, didn't quite understand this:

If there is noone to upgrade , it could be pointless to claim at all.

1) Did you want to say that there is NO ONE to purchase the upgrade? But then again,
that doesn't make sense, does it? If someone claimed, he can purchase the upgrade, right? Razz

2) Or did you want to say the there is no one around in the region, or nothing going on,
so the region won't lock, so it is pointless to claim since we ain't going to get a gold bag soon? Smile

3) Or did you perhaps want to say that if there is NOTHING to upgrade it is pointless to claim,
so that it is better to claim low level keeps?

Regardless of which of this is right, of course I will always consult officers should something be claimed (besides...we are usually on the same places most of the time)...just want to understand the mind of the keep claimer, hehe. Very Happy

And another, somewhat stupid question maybe:

Can I buy standards if I'm not the SB, so that i have them in stock? Or can I buy them only during the time in which I'm labeled as the SB?

Better to ask, than to fail. Laughing
Morinfen
Morinfen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stuzy Wed May 27, 2009 8:41 am

Well i can claim keep but i cant upgrade it. Only officers have rights to upgrade keep.
Upgraded keep is easier to defend and also harder to take.
Thats why you may need to do few upgrades unless u want some flames from other ppl by not upgrading it Razz
( for example Helvete guild never upgrade )

Stuzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Morinfen Wed May 27, 2009 9:00 am

Stuzy wrote:Only officers have rights to upgrade keep.

Ahh, didn't know that. Much clearer now. Very Happy
Morinfen
Morinfen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum